The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes as necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 3879 9555
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
Our evening concerts are not recommended for children under the age of 7, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5 (Emperor)
Juanjo Mena conductor
Javier Perianes piano
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Beethoven never actually called his Fifth Piano Concerto the ‘Emperor’. It just seemed to fit. But what’s beyond question is that this most majestic of all piano concertos is one of the pinnacles of art in the age of revolution: a concerto on the scale of a great symphony, written for a pianist of truly heroic stamina and skill. It’s the only possible way for Javier Perianes to crown his complete Beethoven concerto cycle with Juanjo Mena and the LPO. But first, a flashback to the unbridled joie de vivre of Beethoven’s youthful Piano Concerto No. 1: music as pure sonic sunshine.
Javier Perianes’s Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle is generously supported by an anonymous donor.
You may also like…
CD: Beethoven – Symphony No. 3LPO conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
Poetry and passionBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
Merry pranksJurowski conducts R Strauss
See what's on