The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.00 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Little Solemn Mass
Rossini performed by the London Philharmonic Choir
Rossini Petite messe solennelle
Gustavo Gimeno conductor
Elizabeth Watts soprano
Sara Mingardo contralto
Kenneth Tarver tenor
Luca Pisaroni bass-baritone
London Philharmonic Choir
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Gioachino Rossini was a good Catholic, but he was also a showman. ‘Oh Lord’ he prayed, ‘Thou knowest well that I was born to write comic opera.’ So when he came to write his ‘Solemn Mass’, he couldn’t help filling it with cheerful rhythms, brilliant operatic solos and tune after irresistibly hummable tune. Sacred music doesn’t get any more entertaining than this, and as a former assistant to opera expert Claudio Abbado, Gustavo Gimeno understands it from the inside. He’s brought with him a hand-picked team of star soloists who share his love for Rossini; the result should positively sparkle.
You may also like…
Puccini’s Le VilliSir Mark Elder conducts
Die WalküreVladimir Jurowski conducts
Dido and AeneasIsle of Noises
Haydn’s SeasonsIsle of Noises
Gala evening with Juan Diego FlórezPopular tenor arias from world-famous operas
See what's on