Family Concerts at Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £3 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
- Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £3.50 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 3879 9555
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
The Highway Rat
FUNharmonics family concert
‘Give me your buns and your biscuits! Give me your chocolate éclairs! For I am the Rat of the Highway ... and the Rat Thief never shares!’ Following last year’s screening of The Gruffalo’s Child with live orchestral soundtrack, we present The Highway Rat – a new animated special from Magic Light Pictures, based on the wonderful picture book written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. With the animated film projected on big screen, and live music performed by the LPO, this will be a wonderful first concert experience for all the family.
Free FUNharmonics activities 10.00am–12.00pm
– Have a go at an orchestral instrument of your choice under expert instruction (Ages 6+, for concert ticket holders only)*
– Get creative at our ARTharmonics workshop
– Grab an activity sheet and find out more about the LPO and its music
FUNharmonics foyer activities are generously supported by Stentor Music Co. Ltd and Bell Music.
*Please be aware this activity is extremely popular and spaces are subject to availability. We recommend arriving early to avoid the longest queues.
See what's on