Watch the trailer for our performance of Enescu's Oedipe on Saturday 23 September at Royal Festival Hall
Royal Festival Hall 2017/18
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2017/18 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Belief and Beyond Belief: Judgement
(Sung in French with English surtitles)
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
Paul Gay Oedipe*
Sir Willard White Tirésias
Christopher Purves Créon
Graham Clark Shepherd
Mischa Schelomianski High Priest
In Sung Sim Phorbas
Maxim Mikhailov Watchman*
Boris Pinkhasovich Thésée
Marius Vlad Budoiu Laïos
Ruxandra Donose Jocaste
Ildikó Komlósi The Sphinx
Gabriela Iştoc Antigone
Dame Felicity Palmer Mérope
Choir of the George Enescu Philharmonic
Romanian Radio Children's Choir
Chahine Yavroyan lighting designer
London Philharmonic Orchestra
*Please note a change to artist from previously advertised
'I have defeated Destiny! I have defeated the Gods'. The myth of Oedipus is almost as old as Western civilisation, and in George Enescu’s operatic version the story of a great king doomed from birth by an implacable Fate is both timeless and shatteringly urgent. When the Royal Opera staged it in 2016, critics hailed it as 'spellbinding'; for this performance Vladimir Jurowski has assembled a fine cast that includes Sir Willard White, Paul Gay, Christopher Purves and Ruxandra Donose plus two of Romania’s leading choirs. As we continue to explore the themes of the Belief and Beyond Belief Festival, Enescu’s powerful drama asks questions that can’t be ignored.
Please note start time.
Concert generously supported by Victoria Robey OBE.
Additional generous support from the Romanian Cultural Institute.
See what's on