Royal Festival Hall 2016/17
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-16s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 0844 847 9920
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2016/17 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Heaven and earth
Belief and Beyond Belief: Ideology
Wagner Overture, The Flying Dutchman
Wagner Die Walküre, Wotan’s Farewell and Magic Fire Music
Bruckner Symphony No. 7 (Nowak edition)
Marek Janowski conductor
Egils Silins bass-baritone
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Bruckner first heard the opening of his Seventh Symphony in a dream – played by an angel. You can believe it: that heavenly opening tune is just our first glimpse of a limitless musical landscape, a world of sunlit peaks, shaded valleys and – at its very heart – Bruckner’s noble, deeply-felt tribute to the man he called his ‘beloved Master’, Richard Wagner. So for conductor Marek Janowski there’s no more fitting prelude to Bruckner’s Seventh than some of Wagner’s most overwhelmingly emotional music. Forget any preconceptions about Wagner, and forget yourself: as Bruckner knew better than anyone, it’s really all about love.
You may also like…
CD: Bruckner – Symphony No. 7LPO conducted by Stanisław Skrowaczewski
CD: Tennstedt conducts Wagner opera excerptsLPO conducted by Klaus Tennstedt
Time becomes spaceBelief and Beyond Belief: Ideology
See what's on