Andrés Orozco-Estrada introduces the concert programme for Saturday 11 February.
Royal Festival Hall 2016/17
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-16s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 0844 847 9920
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2016/17 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Belief and Beyond Belief: Science
Philip Glass The Light
Aaron Jay Kernis Flute Concerto (UK premiere)
Ives The Unanswered Question
John Adams Doctor Atomic Symphony
Andrés Orozco-Estrada conductor
Marina Piccinini flute
London Philharmonic Orchestra
A trumpet asks Charles Ives’s Unanswered Question – and throughout a century of American music, composers have offered their answers. They’ve been as luminous and lush as Philip Glass’s The Light, and simultaneously as dark and as dazzling as John Adams’s Doctor Atomic Symphony: an electrifying orchestral summary of his 2005 opera about the dawn of the nuclear age. Find your own 21st-century truth and be ready for a few surprises, as Marina Piccinini gives the UK premiere of a vibrant new flute concerto, written specially for her by the American maverick Aaron Jay Kernis.
See what's on