Vladimir Jurowski introduces Beethoven's only opera: Fidelio
Royal Festival Hall 2016/17
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-16s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 0844 847 9920
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2016/17 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Belief and Beyond Belief: Meaning
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
Ben Johnson Jaquino
Sofia Fomina Marzelline
Kristinn Sigmundsson Rocco*
Anja Kampe Leonore
Pavlo Hunka Don Pizarro†
Robert Dean Smith Florestan†
Ronan Collett Don Fernando
Daniel Slater director
Malcolm Rippeth lighting designer
Helen Ryan narrator
Simon Williams narrator
London Philharmonic Orchestra
*Please note a change to the artist from previously advertised.
† Unfortunately Christopher Purves and Michael König have had to withdraw due to illness. We are grateful to Pavlo Hunka and Robert Dean Smith for stepping in at short notice.
Chained in a dungeon, an innocent man awaits certain death. But as the world goes about its business above him, someone has remembered his plight – and maybe, just maybe, the new prison-warder Fidelio holds the key to his fate. Beethoven loved his only opera more than anything he ever wrote. It’s a tale of disguises and escapes, of tyranny and freedom, of heroism and love, all set to music of soul-stirring nobility and compassion, and it loses none of its power in concert. Vladimir Jurowski and the LPO are joined by London Voices and a world-class cast to retell one of the most inspiring stories ever set to music.
This is a semi-staged concert performance.
This performance is sung in German with English narration.
Generously supported by Victoria Robey OBE and members of our Fidelio Supporter Syndicate: His Excellency Dr Peter Ammon, German Ambassador to the United Kingdom; Peter & Fiona Espenhahn; and Irina & Rodrik Gofman.
See what's on