We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of those who are interested in our work, and, in turn, to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do – both on and off stage. As a charity, it also helps us to engage with potential donors and supporters.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we and our subsidiaries collect and use the information that you give us directly and which we obtain from third parties.
The Orchestra commits to seven key principles of data privacy and security, namely:
- To provide clear, honest and open information to customers about how we use their data
- To give customers the choice about how we use their data
- To use data appropriately and in a way that would be reasonably expected by the customer (including suppressing or deleting records once they are no longer required)
- To maintain data privacy, only ever sharing customer data with other organisations only where the customer has given their consent for us to do so, and to limit those organisations to partners which we are satisfied comply with current data protection legislation
- To be accountable and responsible: to take active steps to protect customer data from ‘data breaches’ andto inform customers and the information commissioner should this occur
- To have separate and enhanced procedures for the use of sensitive data (such as data relating to children or disability)
- To ensure our staff, partners and suppliers understand these principles and their responsibilities in delivering them.
Who we are
London Philharmonic Orchestra Ltd is a charity and is funded by Arts Council England as well as various trusts, foundations, individual donors and corporate supporters. Our registered charity number in England and Wales is 238045 and we are also registered as a company in England and Wales under registration number 357059.
London Philharmonic Orchestra Trading Ltd is a trading subsidiary of London Philharmonic Orchestra Ltd and is registered as a company in England and Wales under registration number 357059.
The London Philharmonic Orchestra is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Controller is the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The person responsible for data protection is David Burke, Chief Executive. Our registration number in the Data Protection Public Register is Z3589643.