Foyle Future Firsts
Applications are now closed for Foyle Future Firsts 2019/20.
About the programme
Our annual programme is designed to nurture and develop talented orchestral players, forming the base for future orchestral appointments to the London Philharmonic Orchestra and other world-class orchestras and ensembles.
Foyle Future First members are given the opportunity to:
- Rehearse Play alongside professionals in London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals throughout the year.
- Study Have lessons with London Philharmonic Orchestra Principals.
- Support Receive advice and mentoring from their LPO Principal.
- Audition Improve audition skills and etiquette throughout the year, culminating in Mock Auditions in front of a panel of LPO Principals.
- Observe Attend London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals.
- Inspire Develop skills in creative leadership alongside London Philharmonic Orchestra players as part of the Education and Community Programme.
- Perform Perform side-by-side with London Philharmonic Orchestra members in our culmination concert, Debut Sounds, at a top London venue at the end of the year; a highlight of the calendar that fuses exciting chamber orchestra repertoire with new works from the LPO's Young Composers scheme.
- Hear Discounted or free tickets for all London Philharmonic Orchestra concerts at Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall.
The Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is not a full-time course nor is it considered equivalent to employment by the Orchestra. A bursary of £1000 is offered to each participant with the expectation that participants are able to support themselves financially and undertake other work and/or continued study alongside their Future First committments.
Meet the members for 2018/19:
- Violins: Mathilde Gheorghiu and Eleonora Consta
Viola: Rebecca Stubbs
Cello: Daniel Benn
Double Bass: Joseph Cowie
Flute: Anna Kondrashina
Oboe: Imogen Davies
Clarinet: Elliot Gresty
Bassoon: Emma Westley
Horn: Alexander Willett
Trumpet: Adam Stockbridge
Trombone: Benny Vernon
Tuba: Christopher Claxton
Piano: Imma Setiadi
Percussion: Laura Bradford
Harp: Anna Astesano
Applications are now closed for Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme 2019/20. If you have not heard from us by the end of May, then your application has not been successful. We regret that we cannot contact all unsuccessful candidates.
The 2018-19 Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is generously funded by The Foyle Foundation with additional support from The Mercers' Company and The Barbara Whatmore Charitable Trust.