Foyle Future Firsts
The London Philharmonic Orchestra's Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme bridges the transition between college and the professional platform for up to 16 outstanding young musicians.
Meet the members for 2018/19:
- Violins: Mathilde Gheorghiu and Eleonora Consta
Viola: Rebecca Stubbs
Cello: Daniel Benn
Double: Bass Joseph Cowie
Flute: Anna Kondrashina
Oboe: Imogen Davies
Clarinet: Elliot Gresty
Bassoon: Emma Westley
Horn: Alexander Willett
Trumpet: Adam Stockbridge
Trombone: Benny Vernon
Tuba: Christopher Claxton
Piano: Imma Setiadi
Percussion: Laura Bradford
Harp: Anna Astesano
More about the programme
Our annual programme is designed to nurture and develop talented orchestral players, forming the base for future orchestral appointments to the London Philharmonic Orchestra and other world-class orchestras and ensembles.
Foyle Future First members are given the opportunity to:
- Rehearse Play alongside professionals in London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals throughout the year.
- Study Have lessons with London Philharmonic Orchestra Principals.
- Support Receive advice and mentoring from their LPO Principal.
- Audition Improve audition skills and etiquette throughout the year, culminating in Mock Auditions in front of a panel of LPO Principals.
- Observe Attend London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals.
- Inspire Develop skills in creative leadership alongside London Philharmonic Orchestra players as part of the Education and Community Programme.
- Perform Perform side-by-side with London Philharmonic Orchestra members in our culmination concert, Debut Sounds, at a top London venue at the end of the year; a highlight of the calendar that fuses exciting chamber orchestra repertoire with new works from the LPO's Young Composers scheme.
- Hear Discounted or free tickets for all London Philharmonic Orchestra concerts at Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall.
Applications are now closed for Foyle Future Firsts 2018/19 Programme. Applications for 2019/20 will open in March 2019.
The 2018-19 Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is generously funded by The Foyle Foundation with additional support from The Mercers' Company and The Barbara Whatmore Charitable Trust.