Foyle Future Firsts
Foyle Future Firsts 2019/20:
- Flute: Frederico Paixão
Oboe: William Ball
Clarinet: Holly Isherwood
Bassoon: Patrick Bolton
Horn: Joel Roberts
Trumpet: Erika Curbelo
Trombone: William Foster
Tuba: Grady Hassan
Piano: Cecilia Coullet
Percussion: Emmanuel Joste
Timpani: Samuel Howes
Harp: Zita Silva
Violins: Naori Takahashi and Clara Garde
Viola: Sophia Rees
Cello: Tamaki Sugimoto
Double Bass: Elen Roberts
About the programme
Our annual programme is designed to nurture and develop talented orchestral players, forming the base for future orchestral appointments to the London Philharmonic Orchestra and other world-class orchestras and ensembles.
Foyle Future First members are given the opportunity to:
- Rehearse Play alongside professionals in London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals throughout the year.
- Study Have lessons with London Philharmonic Orchestra Principals.
- Support Receive advice and mentoring from their LPO Principal.
- Audition Improve audition skills and etiquette throughout the year, culminating in Mock Auditions in front of a panel of LPO Principals.
- Observe Attend London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals.
- Inspire Develop skills in creative leadership alongside London Philharmonic Orchestra players as part of the Education and Community Programme.
- Perform Perform side-by-side with London Philharmonic Orchestra members in our culmination concert, Debut Sounds, at a top London venue at the end of the year; a highlight of the calendar that fuses exciting chamber orchestra repertoire with new works from the LPO's Young Composers scheme.
- Hear Discounted or free tickets for all London Philharmonic Orchestra concerts at Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall.
The Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is not a full-time course nor is it considered equivalent to employment by the Orchestra. A bursary of £1000 is offered to each participant with the expectation that participants are able to support themselves financially and undertake other work and/or continued study alongside their Future First committments.
Applications for Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme 20120/21 will open in spring 2020.
The 2019/20 Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is generously funded by the Foyle Foundation with additional support from the Barbara Whatmore Charitable Trust, The Fidelio Charitable Trust and the Idlewild Trust.