Apply for LPO Junior Artists
How to apply for LPO Junior Artists 2017-18
“I've learnt so much right from the audition experience itself, to my one-on-one mentor sessions, to simply watching the LPO in concert in awe!”LPO Junior Artist 2016-17
Applications for the LPO Junior Artists Programme 2017-18 are now open.
Applicants need to:
- play an orchestral instrument at Grade 7 or above
- be aged between 15 and 18 on 1 September 2017
- not currently be studying at undergraduate level but be considering studying music beyond school or otherwise interested in a career in the orchestral music sector
- be from a background that is currently under-represented in UK orchestras. This is something the applicant self-identifies, and may include, but is not limited to, under-represented racial, ethnic or socio-economic backgrounds, and also may include players with disabilities
Please note that all applications must be supported by:
- a reference from your current instrumental teacher
- a reference from a nominating organisation or individual e.g. music service, junior conservatoire, school if applicable
“It's a fabulous opportunity and you'll love every second!”LPO Junior Artist 2016-17
We aim to audition everyone eligible who applies. Auditions will take place in the Waterloo area of London on:
Monday 26 June 2017 – a.m.
Tuesday 27 June 2017 – a.m.
Please note that unfortunately alternative times are not available, so do ensure you would be able to be free to meet us on either of these mornings when you apply.
Full details of the audition requirements will be sent with your audition invitation. As a guide, you will need to prepare two contrasting pieces of no more than 5 minutes each, as well as a short orchestral excerpt which we will send in advance. We will also talk with you in your audition about your musical interests and experience so far, and you can ask us any questions you have about the programme.
The deadline for return of completed applications is 5pm on Monday 5 June 2017.
LPO Junior Artists Open Event – Tuesday 30 May 2017
LPO Junior Artists is generously supported by Virginia Slaymaker and an anonymous donor.