The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.00 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Benjamin Grosvenor plays Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2
Glinka Overture, Ruslan and Ludmilla
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 5
Alondra de la Parra conductor
Benjamin Grosvenor piano
London Philharmonic Orchestra
There’s a good reason why Rachmaninoff’s Second Piano Concerto is one of the world’s favourite classics. Like any true classic, it always sounds new – and in the hands of a pianist as insightful and skilled as the young British superstar Benjamin Grosvenor, it will never have sounded fresher. Conductor Alondra de la Parra will bring her signature verve to an all-Russian programme that begins with Glinka’s firecracker of an overture, and ends in the triumph of Tchaikovsky’s unashamedly autobiographical Fifth Symphony: music that the composer wanted to be played ‘with passion and desire’.
You may also like…
CD: Tchaikovsky – Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5LPO conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
Box Set: Tchaikovsky - Complete SymphoniesLPO conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
Pictures at an ExhibitionPlus Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1
Poetry and passionBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
The EmperorBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
Age of anxietyIsle of Noises
See what's on