The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Spirit of romance
Isle of Noises
Mendelssohn Ruy Blas Overture
Chopin Piano Concerto No. 1
Elgar Symphony No. 2
David Parry conductor
Vanessa Benelli Mosell piano
London Philharmonic Orchestra
‘Rarely, rarely comest thou, Spirit of Delight!’ The orchestra hovers, pulls back, and then surges forward in glowing waves of sound. No British music is more thrilling than the opening of Elgar’s Second Symphony, and nothing quite matches what follows: music torn straight from the heart. If that doesn’t sound like your idea of Elgar, let guest conductor David Parry reveal what you’ve been missing – and discover the darker side of Mendelssohn too, in a gloriously gothic overture. The link is Chopin: and the timeless romance of his First Piano Concerto, played tonight by the charismatic young Italian virtuoso Vanessa Benelli Mosell.
You may also like…
CD: Elgar – Sea Pictures & Symphony No. 1LPO conducted by Vernon Handley
Age of anxietyIsle of Noises
Merry pranksJurowski conducts R Strauss
See what's on