The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes as necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 3879 9555
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
Our evening concerts are not recommended for children under the age of 7, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Age of anxiety
Isle of Noises
Khachaturian Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia
Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1
Walton Symphony No. 1
Vasily Petrenko conductor
George Li piano
London Philharmonic Orchestra
William Walton was the original angry young composer. So forget everything you thought you knew about British music: Walton’s First Symphony is a cry of rage from an age of anxiety, a controlled explosion of anger, ardour and shattering power. There’s no possible way to follow it, so guest conductor Vasily Petrenko looks back to his childhood in the USSR, and starts the concert with the no-holds-barred romance of Khachaturian’s famous Adagio. And pianist George Li was a medallist in the 2015 Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition in Moscow – so who better to join the musical battle-royale of Tchaikovsky’s hugely popular First Piano Concerto?
You may also like…
CD: Tchaikovsky & Lalo violin worksLPO conducted by Vasily Petrenko & Omer Meir Wellber
Box Set: Vladimir Jurowski - 10 YearsLPO conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
Poetry and passionBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
Legends of the northIsle of Noises
Merry pranksJurowski conducts R Strauss
See what's on