The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Here and Now
Isle of Noises
Arne Gieshoff Burr (world premiere)*
Erkki-Sven Tüür Solastalgia for piccolo and orchestra (UK premiere)**
Helen Grime Percussion Concerto (world premiere)†
Louis Andriessen Agamemnon (UK premiere)
Anders Hillborg Concerto for Orchestra (world premiere)††
Marin Alsop conductor
Stewart McIlwham piccolo
Colin Currie percussion
London Philharmonic Orchestra
When Alex Ross, author of The Rest Is Noise, said that Britain was one of the best places in the world to make new music, this is exactly the sort of thing he was talking about. A young German composer who’s found his voice in London. A new showpiece for percussion phenomenon Colin Currie, from one of the most powerful young British talents. The UK premiere of Louis Andriessen’s Agamemnon. And the LPO’s own Principal Piccolo introduces a new concerto from Estonia, before the whole Orchestra gives the world premiere of the Concerto for Orchestra by the cult Swedish composer Anders Hillborg. Musical history in the making: you heard it here first.
Part of Southbank Centre’s New Music International festival, January 2019.
*Commissioned by the London Philharmonic Orchestra following Arne Gieshoff’s participation in the LPO Young Composers programme.
**Commissioned by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam, St. Louis Symphony and London Philharmonic Orchestra.
†Commissioned by Southbank Centre, London, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Swedish Chamber Orchestra.
††Commissioned by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, Los Angeles Philharmonic, NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchestra and Göteborgs Symfoniker.
Concert generously supported by Dior.
You may also like…
CD: Turnage – Orchestral Works Volume 2LPO conducted by Marin Alsop
CD: Alsop conducts MacMillan, Adès & HigdonLPO conducted by Marin Alsop
Adès conducts In Seven DaysChanging Faces: Stravinsky's Journey
Concerto for OrchestraPlus Pierre-Laurent Aimard playing Dvořák
The Swingling SixtiesChanging Faces: Stravinsky’s Journey
See what's on