The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.00 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Puccini’s Le Villi
Sir Mark Elder conducts
Bizet L’Arlésienne Suite No. 1
Verdi Ballet music from Macbeth
Puccini Le Villi
Sir Mark Elder conductor
Ermonela Jaho soprano
Brian Mulligan baritone*
Opera Rara Chorus
London Philharmonic Orchestra
*Please note a change of artist from previously advertised.
Before Turandot and Tosca, there was Le Villi. Puccini’s first opera is a sumptuous supernatural melodrama: a story of seasons, spirits and a love stronger than death – and as you’d expect from Puccini, it’s bursting with glorious melodies. The fabulous Ermonela Jaho heads the cast in this rare concert performance, given in association with Opera Rara which will be the first hearing in 120 years for Puccini's original 1884 version. And under the direction of Opera Rara's Artistic Director, Sir Mark Elder, one of our finest living opera conductors, it should be a revelation. Emotionally charged music by Bizet and Verdi launches an evening of opera at its most intoxicating. Experience it live.
In association with Opera Rara.
You may also like…
CD: Verdi – RequiemLPO conducted by Jesús López-Cobos
CD: 50 Greatest ClassicsThe 50 greatest pieces of classical music
French fanciesIncluding Gershwin’s An American in Paris
Little Solemn MassRossini performed by the London Philharmonic Choir
Die WalküreVladimir Jurowski conducts
See what's on