The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Life out of death
Czech music with the Borodin Quartet
Klein Partita for Strings
Schulhoff Concerto for String Quartet and Wind Orchestra*
Martinů Concerto for String Quartet and Orchestra*
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Fourteen trumpets line up across the stage: Janáček’s Sinfonietta might have started as a colourful portrait of his hometown of Brno, but it goes out in a blaze of raw, untamed glory. No recording can ever do it justice – you need to feel the air shake as Janáček’s huge orchestra gives a resounding shout of triumph. But the 20th century had darker things in store for Czech composers. Tonight, Vladimir Jurowski enlists one of the world’s great string quartets to tell two musical stories of exile, renewal and defiance in the face of unthinkable crimes. Music to stir body and soul.
You may also like…
Adès conducts In Seven DaysChanging Faces: Stravinsky's Journey
The eternal flameMarking 100 years since WW1 ended
The Swingling SixtiesChanging Faces: Stravinsky’s Journey
Here and NowIsle of Noises
Age of anxietyIsle of Noises
See what's on