The concert's programme will be uploaded here a few days before the event.
Royal Festival Hall 2018/19
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 7960 4200
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of seven years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Changing Faces: Stravinsky's Journey
Beethoven The Creatures of Prometheus
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
London Philharmonic Orchestra
The Greek myths are as ancient as the art of music itself – and every bit as powerful. Orpheus tamed Hell with music; they say his melodies could make even rocks and trees dance. Prometheus dared to steal fire from the Gods, and gave mankind the gift of creativity. Tonight, Stravinsky and Beethoven – two of music’s most revolutionary geniuses – tackle these legends head-on, transforming myth into dance in two startlingly original ballet scores. Vladimir Jurowski conducts these rare full performances, as Stravinsky’s Journey takes a delightful, distinctive and dazzlingly original turn.
You may also like…
CD: Stravinsky – Petrushka / OrpheusLPO conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
The Rake's ProgressChanging Faces: Stravinsky's Journey
The eternal flameMarking 100 years since WW1 ended
The Swingling SixtiesChanging Faces: Stravinsky’s Journey
Poetry and passionBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
The EmperorBeethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
See what's on