2017/18 Season Trailer
Welcome to the London Philharmonic Orchestra's 2017/18 season at Royal Festival Hall
Royal Festival Hall 2017/18
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-18s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 020 3879 9555
Daily 9am-8pm. £3.50 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2017/18 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Trifonov plays Tchaikovsky
Changing Faces: Stravinsky's Journey
Tchaikovsky (arr. Stravinsky) Sleeping Beauty (excerpts)
Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1
Stravinsky The Fairy's Kiss
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
Daniil Trifonov piano
London Philharmonic Orchestra
‘My heartfelt homage to Tchaikovsky’s wonderful talent’: audiences in the 1920s were astonished when the modernist firebrand Stravinsky started adapting Tchaikovsky (tonight we hear his arrangements of ‘Variation d’Aurore’ and ‘Bluebird pas-de-deux’ from Sleeping Beauty). In fact, Stravinsky adored him, and his ballet The Fairy’s Kiss transforms Tchaikovsky’s music into something that magically fuses the spirit of both composers. And what better homage to the composer that Stravinsky revered so much than a performance of Tchaikovsky’s sweeping First Piano Concerto, performed tonight by the incomparable Daniil Trifonov – himself a Tchaikovsky Competition winner. According to The Guardian, ‘Trifonov’s combination of delicacy and fire leaves an indelible impression’ in this hugely popular Concerto.
Concert generously supported by Celebro Media
This performance is being recorded for broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
See what's on