Royal Festival Hall 2016/17
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-16s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 0844 847 9920
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2016/17 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
Memory of an angel
Belief and Beyond Belief: Death
Denisov Symphony No. 2
Berg Violin Concerto
Shostakovich Symphony No. 15
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
Patricia Kopatchinskaja violin
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Beauty is truth, truth beauty ... even when that truth is so honest that it hurts. Berg dedicated his Violin Concerto ‘to the memory of an angel’, and a bottomless depth of personal loss lies beneath its gorgeous colours. Patricia Kopatchinskaja unlocks its secrets in this concert, between two final symphonies by composers who knew that truth could be a dangerous thing. Shostakovich’s Fifteenth Symphony cloaks its sorrows in jokes, enigmas and pitch-black humour; two decades later, his friend Edison Denisov said farewell in a poignant, fantastical Second Symphony of his own. This is a rare British performance of a work that’s close to Vladimir Jurowski’s heart.
This performance is being broadcast live by BBC Radio3 and will be available online in the UK for 30 days via iPlayer.
See what's on