Vladimir Jurowski's favourites
Hear Jurowski discuss what he's most looking forward to conducting in 2016/17
Royal Festival Hall 2016/17
- Please note that a transaction fee of £1.75 will be added to each order made online.
- Tickets booked fewer than five working days before the date of the concert will be available for collection at the ticket office from 6.30pm on the day of the performance.
- Concessions: 50% off all ticket prices for full-time students, benefit recipients (Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit) and under-16s (maximum 4 per transaction. Not applicable to Family Concerts) only. Limited availability; appropriate cards will be checked on admission.
- Visitors with a disability can join Southbank Centre's free Access List. You may be eligible for tickets at concessionary prices and to bring a companion who can assist you during your visit. Visit our Access page for full access information relating to our concerts.
- Please note that we are unable to take payment by Amex.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and vary programmes if necessary, and to adjust ticket price allocations according to demand.
Premium seats £65
The very best seats in the stalls, ensuring you the finest acoustic and view, are available as Premium seats.
Book more, pay less
Book 3-4 concerts and receive a 10% discount
Book 5-7 concerts and receive a 15% discount
Book 8-10 concerts and receive a 20% discount
Book 11-14 concerts and receive a 25% discount
Book 15 or more concerts and receive a 30% discount
Series discounts are automatically calculated online. Series discounts are available on full price tickets only.
Only nine tickets per concert can be bought online. Bookings of ten or more seats for the same concert are eligible for the group booking discount of 20%. Please call the London Philharmonic Orchestra Group Booking Line on 020 7840 4205 for further details.
London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office: 020 7840 4242
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm. £2.75 transaction fee
Southbank Centre ticket office: 0844 847 9920
Daily 9.30am-8pm. £2.75 transaction fee. All ticketing staff at Southbank Centre can take typetalk calls.
In person at Southbank Centre: no transaction fee.
7.30pm concerts are not recommended for children of five years and under, and Southbank Centre staff reserve the right to refuse entry to young children for these events. We recommend our FUNharmonics concerts for children aged 6-11.
Can I exchange my tickets?You may exchange your tickets for another concert in the Orchestra's 2016/17 season or exchange for a credit note, provided the tickets are returned to the London Philharmonic Orchestra ticket office, and arrive at least two working days before the concert. We do not offer refunds unless a concert is cancelled.
The symphony lives
Henze’s Symphony No. 7 conducted by Vladimir Jurowski
Stravinsky Symphonies of Wind Instruments (1947 version)
Stravinsky Variations (Aldous Huxley in Memoriam)
Zimmermann Violin Concerto
Henze Symphony No. 7
Vladimir Jurowski conductor
Thomas Zehetmair violin
London Philharmonic Orchestra
‘The symphony lives!’ When Hans Werner Henze’s Seventh Symphony was first performed back in the 1980s, critics couldn’t believe their ears. Powerful, poetic and unashamedly grand, this is a symphony in the tradition of Beethoven and Mahler that speaks directly to audiences here and now. Vladimir Jurowski has paired it with two timeless 20th-century classics by Stravinsky – and is joined by Thomas Zehetmair to perform the extraordinary post-war Violin Concerto by Bernd Alois Zimmermann: music that sings, yells and dances its way out of one of the darkest periods in European history. Four masterpieces that simply demand to be heard.
Are you a student or under 26?You can benefit from discounted tickets to this concert through our NOISE scheme. Students are eligible for £4 tickets and under 26 year olds are eligible for £8 tickets (ID required).
Call the box office on 0207 840 4242 for details and to book tickets (Mon-Fri 10am-5pm).
Find out more about the scheme and sign up.
See what's on