LPO Junior Artists: Overture
Applications now open for two-day special LPO Junior Artists Overture Course!
LPO Junior Artists Overture projects are immersive events which take a hands-on, behind-the-scenes look at the world of a professional orchestra. You will become part of the London Philharmonic Orchestra for a day; meeting LPO musicians and LPO Junior Artists, playing as an ensemble, getting tips on your playing and finding out how to take your next steps as a musician. To take part in Overture activity you need to play an orchestral instrument at Grade 4+ standard and be aged between 11-14.
LPO Junior Artists Overture strand is connected to LPO Junior Artists - our exciting programme for talented musicians aged 15-19 from backgrounds under-represented in orchestral music. Our free Junior Artists Overture Days offer taster activities to younger players, with the opportunity to find out more about the main scheme, meet current LPO Junior Artists and take part in a day of behind-the-scenes action with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
During our Junior Artists Overture Days you will have the chance to:
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the world of a professional orchestra
- Discover a piece of repertoire as an ensemble and in sectionals with LPO musicians and Junior Artists
- Explore creative improvisation with animateur Rachel Leach
- Hear from an LPO musician about their musical journey and pick up special tips for your own playing
- Find out more about our Junior Artists programme from current members of the scheme and hear about other musical opportunities in your area
- Parents can also get involved - we run Q&As all about the work we do with young musicians and what you can do to support your child's instrumental learning
“I enjoyed meeting new people and making music together” – Overture participant 17/18
Our next event
Applications are now closed for our special two-day LPO Junior Artists Overture Course.
“I learnt what life is like as a professional musician – it’s hard work and exciting!” – Overture participant 17/18