Foyle Future Firsts
The London Philharmonic Orchestra's Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme bridges the transition between college and the professional platform for up to 16 outstanding young musicians.
Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme
Our annual programme is designed to nurture and develop talented orchestral players, forming the base for future orchestral appointments to the London Philharmonic Orchestra and other world-class orchestras and ensembles.
Foyle Future First members are given the opportunity to:
- Rehearse Play alongside professionals in London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals throughout the year.
- Study Have lessons with London Philharmonic Orchestra Principals.
- Support Receive advice and mentoring from their LPO Principal.
- Audition Improve audition skills and etiquette throughout the year, culminating in Mock Auditions in front of a panel of LPO Principals.
- Observe Attend London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals.
- Educate Participate in Education and Community projects alongside London Philharmonic Orchestra players.
- Perform Perform side-by-side with London Philharmonic Orchestra members in Debut Sounds at the Queen Elizabeth Hall at the end of the year; a highlight of the calendar that fuses exciting chamber orchestra repertoire with new works from the LPO's Young Composers scheme. Play a range of concerts as part of the wider London Philharmonic Orchestra programme at Royal Festival Hall.
- Hear Discounted or free tickets for all London Philharmonic Orchestra concerts at Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall.
Applications for 2015/16 are now closed. We will open applications for the 2016/17 programme next spring. Please see the Apply page for more details.
The 2014/15 Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is generously funded by The Foyle Foundation with additional support from Help Musicians UK, The Barbara Whatmore Charitable Trust and the Lord and Lady Lurgan Trust.