Foyle Future Firsts
The London Philharmonic Orchestra's Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme bridges the transition between college and the professional platform for up to 16 outstanding young musicians.
Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme
Our annual programme is designed to nurture and develop talented orchestral players, forming the base for future orchestral appointments to the London Philharmonic Orchestra and other world-class orchestras and ensembles.
Foyle Future First members are given the opportunity to:
- Rehearse Play alongside professionals in London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals throughout the year.
- Study Have lessons with London Philharmonic Orchestra Principals.
- Support Receive advice and mentoring from their LPO Principal.
- Audition Improve audition skills and etiquette throughout the year, culminating in Mock Auditions in front of a panel of LPO Principals.
- Observe Attend London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsals.
- Educate Develop skills in creative leadership alongside London Philharmonic Orchestra players as part of the Education and Community Programme.
- Perform Perform side-by-side with London Philharmonic Orchestra members in our culmination concert, Debut Sounds, at a top London venue at the end of the year; a highlight of the calendar that fuses exciting chamber orchestra repertoire with new works from the LPO's Young Composers scheme.
- Hear Discounted or free tickets for all London Philharmonic Orchestra concerts at Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall.
Applications are now closed for Foyle Future Firsts 2018/19 Programme.
Invitations to audition will be send out at in the first week of June. We regret that we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates.
The 2017/18 Foyle Future Firsts Development Programme is generously funded by The Foyle Foundation with additional support from The Mercers' Company, Help Musicians UK, The Idlewild Trust and The Barbara Whatmore Charitable Trust.