The London Philharmonic Orchestra is a registered Arts Award supporter. This means that young people working towards an Arts Award can use the opportunities we offer in their portfolio.
Arts Award is a range of qualifications offered at five levels, that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with an take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form - from fashion to digital art, pottery to poetry.
To achieve their Arts Award, young people take on challenges in an art form, participate in arts activities, experience arts events, get inspired by artists and share their arts skills with others.
The LPO's Education and Community programme offers a range of opportunities that can be taken up by young people working towards their Arts Award. These include:
- Exploring the LPO through attending our BrightSparks concerts for schools at Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, GCSE and A Level, or our FUNharmonics family concerts
- Being inspired and creating music through our LPO Soundworks programme, and complementary online resource The Studio
- Getting to know the LPO by attending a Junior Artists Overture Day
- Experiencing an LPO concert through discounted tickets for full-time students or 18-26 year olds
For young people who go to school in the boroughs of Lambeth, Lewisham, Royal Greenwich or Southwark, there are additional opportunities to:
- Explore classical music, compose and learn musical skills by taking part in Creative Classrooms (for Key Stage 2), or Sound Journeys (various Key Stages, SEN)
Find out more about Arts Award by visiting their website: http://www.artsaward.org.uk