The London Philharmonic Orchestra’s Education & Community Programme: opens up the orchestra, its repertoire and the Royal Festival Hall to new audiences; extends the reach of our music-making beyond the concert hall; enhances and compliments the music education of thousands of young people across the boroughs of Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; offers vital support and training to emerging professional musicians on the threshold of their careers.
In a typical year:
- 15000 school children will hear and see the orchestra live at the RFH across 7 BrightSparks schools concerts
- 4000 pupils and teachers take part in workshops, classes, INSET and performances with members of the orchestra and other leading professional musicians
- 1000 young people take part in projects such as Animate Orchestra outside of their school time, playing and composing alongside LPO musicians
- 7000 people see the orchestra at the fresh, fantastic family concerts: FUNharmonics
- 16 players and 4 composers, amongst the most talented of their generation, will receive tuition, support, advice and unique opportunities to fine-tune their artistic and technical skill prior to entering the profession